Our goal is for our learning resources to achieve W3C WCAG 2.0 AA standards for accessibility. Inclusivity and consideration of the needs of all students is embedded in the culture of our company and accessibility consideration is included in the workflows for designing, developing and testing our learning resources. We have a policy of continuous improvement across all aspects of the business and regularly review accessibility criteria to improve the learning experience for all users.
Our resources have the following features which address the main sections of the standard, including:
- Perceivable - No 2D scrolling, no text in images, semantic HTML, alt text, text resize, non-reliance on colour to transfer meaning, effective contrast, adaptable orientation.
- Operable - No flashing content, no time-limited content, keyboard navigation, assistive technology (screen reader).
- Understandable - Readable, Predictable UI, consistent navigation, consistent identification.
- Robust - Appropriate and accurate HTML, UI components have name, role, value.
- Conformance - Regular reviews against standards and best practices.