An exciting new event with a focus on inclusion and equality
On the 19th and 20th of December 2022, the Society for Experimental Biology is hosting a brand new event that invites educators in bioscience to share best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion, as well as informing ways in which bioscience and its teaching can be decolonised.
The event organisers include valued LearnSci academic partner Dr. Katherine Hubbard (University of Hull) and fellow university educators Dr. Catherine Mansfield (Imperial College London), Isaiah Ting (University of Surrey) and Tina Joshi (University of Plymouth).
Topics over the two days will include:
- Historical legacies of colonialism on the biosciences
- The need to adopt more diverse and inclusive examples
- Ableism within the curriculum
- Awarding gaps for disadvantaged students
- How biology education can better incorporate international perspectives